Several days ago, Ventura hosted it's first annual "Local Food
& Wine" challenge at the Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach Hotel. This
event is the brainchild of Herzog Winery to promote the food and wine
of our community. The challenge paired 12 local restaurants along side
12 wineries from the Ventura Wine Trail. Each winery paired two wines
with two specially prepared dishes. At the end of the evening, one
winner would be announced.
The teams were:
- Magnavino Cellars & La Dolce Vita
- Sunland Vintage & The Kitchen
- The Ojai Vineyard & The Ranch House
- Squashed Grapes & 5th Street Steak and Seafood
- Rancho Ventavo Cellars & Aloha Steakhouse
- San Vicente Cellars & R&R
- Rosenthal & Malibu Beach Inn
- Four Brix Winery & Cafe Zack
- Old Creek RanchWinery & The Jolly Oyster
- Bella Victorian Vineyard & Bella Victorian Bistro
- Herzog Wine Cellars & Tierra Sur
- Cantara Cellars & C-Street Cuisine
Semler Wines hosted the champagne reception with a beautiful Brut Rose.
The event was sold out early with over 325 tickets sold. Some of the
proceeds will benefit FOOD SHARE in Ventura. High above the Ventura
skyline, the room filled up fast. Standing room only, the event was a
true crowd pleaser.
AND THE WINNER IS?????
The Ojai Vineyard
& The Ranch House !
This was the winning dish...
Congratulations to this team and to all the participants. Can't wait
for next year!
Questions or comments?
Reach me at :
last month's "Let's Talk Wine" article by Eric
Ventura Wine Bars
County Wine Trail
Return to Home